what do you see through your lens?

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Art of Digital Printing event

This past Sunday at 9:30am I found myself, along with another photo major, Jenna, sitting in a room full of other photographers waiting for a lecture to begin. This lecture took place at Light Work on the Syracuse University campus and was given by John Paul Caponigro and Mac Holbert on making perfect digital prints. For those of you who don't know, these guys are like the "it" guys when it comes to digital printing, and it was the first and last time I will probably get to be in a room with them. Let me tell you, it was a long day. The lecture was interesting, don't get me wrong, and I definitely learned some things, but I feel they could have shortened the presentation. If they had broken it up into several different lectures on different days, I feel that those who attended would have retained more information. All that aside, I'm glad I went, and hopefully I will remember enough of what was said to make my prints better. One thing I learned is that there is no secret button to press to get perfect prints the first time, it takes several tries; if the pros can't get it right the first time, then there is little hope for the rest of us. Like everything else in photography, it is a process.

No comments:

Post a Comment